Sunday, September 25, 2011

Where Have We Been?

I know, I am a terrible blogger. I promised myself I'd post weekly, HA!  But seriously, who has the time?  Hopefully I will get better or pass this job onto my teenage son.

So, what's new?

Three little pigs went to processing last week, actually they were huge.  I tried to change things up a bit.  We will have canadian bacon, smoked chops, half hams, breakfast sausage(maple).  As usual bacon, loose sausage, roasts, chops, scrapple. You will have to hold on a bit longer for Italian link as whole hog sausage will be a couple of more weeks.

Turkeys are doing well, the broad breasted bronze are getting big and the broad breasted white just joined them in the turkey house/pen.  They are getting used to each other as the white are smaller.  We are trying to get them used to coming and going outside on their own.  Not an easy task as the grounds are saturated.  More are venturing out and today most spent the day outside.

We have a pup on the farm that the kids found in the woods, he is working out to be quite the guard dog for the turkeys.

Our fields are being seeded and cut any day now, finally...

Market Updates - Druid Hill is ending October 5th. We are no longer in Arbutus. Easton continues into December on Saturdays and Thursdays beginning October 6th we will be at Kent Island on Rte 8 3:30-6:30.

Feel free to email with any pre-orders to markets at blackbottomfarms@aol.com

Thanks everyone for your support and encouragement.

Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment