Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Market Updates

My apologies for the lack of updates.  To say I have been busy would be a gross understatement.  I did want to give a brief updates of the markets.

Druid Hill - Wednesdays from 3:30 - 7:30 pm, I just love this market and look forward to it each week.  Everyone has been so friendly and hospitable and the community so welcoming.  My son enjoys educating the youth on agriculture and we love watching the reaction to the animals!  Looking forward to the concert tomorrow...

Arbutus - Thursdays from 2-6 pm, Another new market striving to build momentum. Visit us this week as I believe we will not be there next week due to the carnival.  Great people, great vendors, come on out...

Easton - Every other Saturday 8 - 1 pm, We first joined this market last Saturday, July 2nd.  I wasn't sure what to expect as I have never been but I was more than pleased.  Again, great people who asked lots of questions and you know I love to talk about the farm.  Welcoming vendors, I was fortunate to snuggle in between a fantastic sauce company and some rockin organic coffee/smoothie guys.  Not knowing what to expect I was a bit unprepared and ran out of several items and will do my best next time not to let that happen.

This week we will be bringing to market beef, pork, chicken, eggs and rose veal.  My son has been busy in the kitchen all evening making goat milk fudge.  Not sure of the outcome but it sure smelled good!  If all goes well he hopes to bring some along.

On the farm, we've been busy lots of work to still bedone on the houses, fences, pastures,etc.  Last week baby chicks arrived and we are expecting the first batch of turkeys tomorrow. We have been trying to work out plans to have some family events this summer, we will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment